What is Reiki?
Reiki is a healing modality whereby universal energy is channeled through the practitioner and into the client (learn more about Reiki below). This incredible healing energy transcends all time and space – allowing healing to take place remotely just as well as in-person.
Reiki is an energy healing modality that was discovered (so to speak) in Japan, between the late 1800s and early 1900s, by Dr. Mikao Usui. A former monastery monk, Dr. Usui discovered the symbols and methodology for channeling healing energy, known as Reiki, while on a 21-day spiritual quest on Mount Kurama, in Japan. After discovering Reiki, he brought this method back to his people, and over the remainder of his life, he opened several healing centers where people from all over the world came to him for healing and teaching.
Reiki comes from the Japanese words “Rei,” meaning “Universal” or “Spirit,” and the word “Ki,” meaning “Life Force Energy.”
In other words, Reiki is a Universal Life Force Energy, with its own wisdom. A practitioner of Reiki functions like a channel or conduit for the Reiki energy, passing the energy from Source to the recipient – they do not create the energy nor do they pass their own energy to the client. Most practitioners will tell you that Reiki knows where it is needed most, and that it always serves in the highest and best outcome for the recipient. In our experience, at Pinnacle Healing, this has always been the case: Reiki “knows” what it is doing and is always intended and used in accordance with the highest and greatest good of all concerned.
Make no mistake, Reiki may be a form of energy healing, but its impact can be deeply transformational. Everything is energy, therefore the energy that we align with affects us physically, emotionally, and spiritually as well.
Here are some great applications for Reiki:
- Assisting with physical healing or recovery
- Reducing symptoms of chronic pain
- Overcoming stress or sleep issues
- Promoting relaxation and a sense of well-being
- Balancing emotions and healing emotionally
- Moving your life forward
- Much more…
Being that this is an alternative type of healing, not a ton of research has been done; however, there are some scientific studies that have proven some of the benefits of Reiki – like treating fatigue after cancer treatments and effective pain management… That said, Reiki is not a cure for a disease or illness. It may assist the body in creating an environment to facilitate healing and is a great complement to traditional medicine. Reiki is being used in more and more hospitals and medical care settings.
Learn more about how the principles of Reiki can benefit you now in my article called Reiki Principles in Practice.
How Reiki Sessions Work
Prior to a session, there will be a brief check-in where your practitioner will ask some questions to find out what kind of intentions you would like to set for your session.
At this time, all of our Reiki sessions are done remotely only.
Typically, Reiki sessions can be done remotely or in-person. With an in-person session, the client will lay face-up, fully clothed, on a massage table, and the practitioner will initiate the connection with Reiki and then follow a series of hand positions on (or just above) various locations on the physical body – depending on the client’s comfort level and preference. Of course, physical touch will not ever include any inappropriate or uncomfortable places for the client. The client’s comfort and preferences will be discussed as part of their initial intake discussion.
With a remote session, a time for the session is predetermined between the client and the practitioner. A call or video chat will be initiated to discuss intentions prior to the beginning of the session. The client gets into a comfortable position, and they remain uninterrupted for the duration of the appointment. During this time the practitioner initiates the same process as with in-person sessions but without the physical touch (essentially, the practitioner uses a stand-in and their intuition via distance).
Both formats are equally effective!
In either format, there will be a short follow-up after the session. The practitioner will have some helpful/relevant feedback for the client regarding their session, and this time also allows the client some time to share or process their experience as well. Usually, clients feel deeply relaxed after the session, so this follow-up time also gives the client some time to prepare to get back to a more “normal” pace.
Please note that Reiki is just one of the methods used by Kinsey in the Healing Journies offered by Pinnacle Healing. Additionally, only remote sessions are offered at this time (no in-person sessions, until further notice).
Why see Kinsey for Reiki?
There are a few, great advantages to having a Healing Journey Session with Kinsey:
- Mastership – Kinsey has been attuned to the master-level (level 3) with Reiki for humans and for animals. She has also been practicing Reiki since 2012, so she has had many years of experience – expanding her capacity as a conduit.
- Intuition – Many Reiki practitioners just go through the motions they are taught without tapping into their intuition and integrating it into their role as a Reiki practitioner. Kinsey’s uses her intuitive skills to provide the client with custom and relevant feedback about their session as well as ways they can improve their life. We know you will feel seen and heard for who you are and your current circumstances – whatever they are!
- Integrity – As a client, you are not a means to an end: you are a person who deserves a joyous and abundant life, and Kinsey wants nothing more than to help you get just that. Fear, dishonesty, and manipulation will never be employed to get more out of the client – service and assistance is our number one priority. We won’t try to talk you into more sessions – we honor your authority and ability to decide what’s best for you!
- Angels – Kinsey has become a channel for Angel healing powers as well, and she works closely with Archangels during her healing sessions. Sessions may be more focused on Reiki healing or Angel healing energies and methods, depending on what the client needs most. Kinsey works closely with many Archangels, but she especially works with Archangels Raphael, Michael, Jophiel, Uriel, and Ariel the most. These angels assist in offering clients deep healing and clearing on all levels. You will also get to learn about what Archangels show up for your session and how they want to help you going forward. Here’s a beautiful opportunity to get to know the angels who are working with you the most right now!
- Crystals – Kinsey is also a Crystal Reiki Master. If you’re interested in working with crystals or would like to try Reiki with crystals, then this is an option. Learn more about our crystal family here.
- Convenience – these healing sessions can be received where ever you are on this earth-plane. You can receive your session in the comfort of your own home! Additionally, you have the option to attend your session live or have a channeled session completed for you and sent as an audio file afterwards. We highly recommend the interactive, live experience!
We’re less interested in keeping you coming back than we are in helping you get energetically aligned so that you can start living your ideal life.
We know that your positive and empowering experience will make you want to share your experience with others, and ultimately, together, we will be making the world a better place, one good vibe at a time!
Want to learn more about your Healing Practitioner? Read more about Kinsey here.
“My friend gifted me a session to see Kinsey for some much needed healing after being left heart broken. I have done two sessions now with her and she is absolutely amazing. I feel I am walking threw today so much lighter then before. My mind and body are more calm and at ease today. I highly recommend her to anyone who needs healing done. She is very thoughtful and compassionate every time. Thank you and truly grateful!”
Mary – WA, USA
“Kinsey has done reiki on me, and I have to say it was amazing! I was skeptical that I would feel anything because my health had been so out of sorts for so long, and honestly I wasn’t sure if it would actually work. I was happily surprised when I felt much more relaxed and calm and confident after my session. I highly recommend Kinsey.”
Devinne – WA, USA
“My mind, heart, and body fell out of balance due to several contributing factors. I’m truly blessed to know Kinsey personally and reached out to her about Reiki. I’ve had a couple of sessions with her and truly haven’t felt this much balance in my life in very long time. There is a true healing power in Reiki, so it was worth stepping out of my comfort zone and not just believing in Reiki, but also believing in Kinsey and trusting her with my unbalanced self.”
Chad – WA, USA
“I have done in person Reiki, as well as long distance Reiki with Kinsey. I absolutely loved both! I JUST tried long distance for the first time, and I felt my hands tingle as well as become heavy, and I saw different light and dark patterns when my eyes were closed. I also felt the amazing relaxation and peace that comes with Reiki. After the session was over, I felt energized and rejuvenated which is my favorite thing about receiving Reiki! The convenience of being able to be home was nice, and you can’t get much better than receiving Reiki in your own bed. 😍 I would suggest going to Kinsey for Reiki, in person or long distance!”
Tara – WA, USA
See more testimonials on our FaceBook page
Please see our main Healing Journey page to see the pricing for sessions that include Reiki energy healing!
Would you like to receive a Healing Session?
Let’s heal together.
“Making the world a better place, one good vibe at a time”