As part of booking a session (or package of sessions) with Kinsey (and/or Pinnacle Healing), these terms and agreements must be read and accepted by the client.
Although these sessions are presently called “Healing Journeys” they are a part of the coaching services provided by Kinsey/Pinnacle Healing.
Kinsey (hereafter referred to as “Coach”) and the client (hereafter referred to as “Client”) agree to the following terms…
Coaching is a partnership (defined as an alliance, not a legal business partnership) between the Coach and the Client in a thought-provoking and creative process.
Agreements & Responsibilities
- Client understands that the coaching services to be provided from Coach are not offered as a substitute for professional mental health care or medical care and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any mental health or medical conditions. Client also understands that Coach is not acting as a mental health counselor or a medical professional.
- Client understands that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, mental, medical or other qualified professionals and will seek independent professional guidance for such matters. If Client feels psychologically stressed to the point that it is interfering with their ability to function, Client understands and agrees it is the client’s responsibility to seek the help needed in the form of a professional therapist or medical professional.
- Client understands that coaching is, at present, an unregulated industry and that Coach is not licensed by the State of Washington or any other state. Client also understands that for all legal purposes, the services provided by Coach will be considered to be provided in the State of Washington.
- Client understands that all comments and ideas offered by Coach are solely for the purpose of aiding Client in achieving their goals. Client has the ability to give informed consent, and hereby gives such consent to Coach to assist in achieving such goals.
- Client is responsible for creating and implementing their own physical, mental and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions and results. As such, Client agrees that Coach is not and will not be liable for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by Coach.
- Client agrees to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance, and create the time and energy necessary to participate fully in the session (or program of sessions).
- Client understands that the use of technology is not always secure and accepts the risks of confidentiality in the use of email, text, phone, Zoom and other technology.
- Client also understands that all materials provided by Coach are for personal use only and any unauthorized reprint, reproduction, transmission or other distribution of said materials is prohibited.
This coaching relationship, as well as all information (documented or verbal) that Client shares with Coach as part of this relationship is Private & Confidential. Coach agrees not to disclose any information pertaining to Client without Client’s written consent. Coach will not disclose Client’s name as a reference without Client’s consent. If Client reports any form of abuse or neglect or threatens to harm themselves or someone else, Client understands that necessary actions will be taken and that the confidentiality agreement may be limited in this capacity. Furthermore, if Coach is ordered by a court to provide information or to testify, Coach will do so to the extent the law requires.
Cancellation and Lateness Policy
Client agrees that, if Client cannot attend the scheduled session, it is the Client’s responsibility to notify Coach at least 24-hours in advance of the scheduled session. Coach requires 24-hour notice for any reschedules or cancellations of appointments. Client will be billed for a missed session if Client does not show up at the scheduled time or has not rescheduled in advance in accordance with this policy. Coach will wait for 15 minutes from the scheduled appointment time before Client is noted as a “no-show” for the session and the session fees paid are forfeited.
To notify Coach about the need to cancel or reschedule sessions, Client may use the cancel/reschedule links provided in their booking confirmation, or they may email Coach at email@example.com. This notice must be delivered at least 24-hours prior to the scheduled appointment time.
Flexibility around the 24-hour notice may be granted in special circumstances, solely at Coach’s discretion.
Either the Client or the Coach may terminate the agreement at any time, at least 24-hours prior to any scheduled appointments. Termination must be provided in written format. At that point, money paid in advance (less fees withheld by third parties – like Stripe or PayPal) for any remaining session(s) will be returned to Client.
Except as expressly provided in this agreement, the Coach makes no guarantees or warranties, express or implied. In no event will the Coach be liable to the Client for consequential or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the Client may incur, the Coach’s entire liability under this agreement, and the Client’s exclusive remedy, will be limited to the amount paid by the Client to the Coach under this agreement for all services rendered up until the termination of services.
Client further declares and represents that no promise, inducement, or agreement not expressed in this agreement has been made to Client to sign this agreement.
This is the entire agreement of the parties and reflects a complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter. This agreement supersedes all prior written and oral representations.